Thursday, October 23, 2008

The Peace Game!

Anyone who knows me well knows that I dislike strongly (avoiding the h word) being touched by people other than my family and close friends. I know it's ridiculous. That doesn't seem to help. Most people look forward to a massage and yet I feel like I would leave more stressed than when I walked in!



My worst nightmare as a kid was "giving the peace" at church. My childhood church did it every other Sunday and I dreaded the peace Sundays like nothing else. As an adult, I love my church home, and am not at all bothered by the peace.

I did find it quite humorous, though, that my daughter has taken a real shine to "the peace game" as she calls it. She's just recently consented to sharing the peace at church and either as a result or as a coincidence, she's now gleefully sharing the peace at home! Too bad her brother doesn't understand what she's doing as she's pumping his hand yelling "Colba, you HAVE to say GOD'S PEACE!!!!" Let's just say it's not really very peaceful. Ha ha.

This picture has nothing to do with the peace. I just thought my kids were cute in their hats and mittens yesterday and I'm unashamedly posting it here for all to see.

2 comments:

Carrie said...

Hats and mittens already? It's hard to get my head around. We did have a front come through last night and tonight is clear so it's 56 right now (10:27pm) and is supposed to get down to 47 tonight. But, it will be 80 tomorrow so Hannah and I will be going to Sea World sans mittens.

Traveling Mercies said...

oh my gosh, that is hilarious. i love it. it's so awesome (as a pastor) to hear that the kids, even little ones, take home things from the service. even if it's not being carried out in the most "peace"-like way, hehe.