It was unequivocally the best time I've ever had at the zoo with the kids! There was NO ONE there! We nearly had the playground to ourselves, almost all of the exhibits, and then in the heritage farm dairy complex.
The kids had an absolute blast playing in the milk trucks. And that was the other huge breakthrough for Kailin. She actually PLAYED with the girls as opposed to her usual MO of hiding in the stroller. I was so excited for her! She had a wonderful time to say the least! Before I knew it my watch read 3pm and we needed to RACE home to let the dogs out and get some clothes for Kailin for the next adventure of the day. .jpg)

The kids had an absolute blast playing in the milk trucks. And that was the other huge breakthrough for Kailin. She actually PLAYED with the girls as opposed to her usual MO of hiding in the stroller. I was so excited for her! She had a wonderful time to say the least! Before I knew it my watch read 3pm and we needed to RACE home to let the dogs out and get some clothes for Kailin for the next adventure of the day. .jpg)

We met Steve and Kailin's friend Mia and her mom at McDonald's in Jackson for a fun dinner and then it was off to dance for the girls. Mia takes a
tap/ballet/tumbling class and it was "bring a friend" week. I was worried. It was out of Kailin's comfort zone to say the least and it was also out of sight of me and she'd had only a 45 min nap. Sounds like a recipe for disaster for sure. We went in and Kailin went into the room willingly. That gave me hope. We sat behind a one way mirror to watch. Class began and she consented to line up with the other girls. She did not, however, choose to point her toe and tap or do any of the other movements the other girls were doing. Soon they formed a circle. She held Mia's hand with no problem, but physically refused to hold the hand of the little girl on her left. She held it behind her back instead and when she lapsed and let it hang and the little girl grabbed it, Kailin gave her a really dirty look. I grimaced. I'm THRILLED to say, though, that by the end of the hour Kailin was willingly participating and didn't want to leave!
tap/ballet/tumbling class and it was "bring a friend" week. I was worried. It was out of Kailin's comfort zone to say the least and it was also out of sight of me and she'd had only a 45 min nap. Sounds like a recipe for disaster for sure. We went in and Kailin went into the room willingly. That gave me hope. We sat behind a one way mirror to watch. Class began and she consented to line up with the other girls. She did not, however, choose to point her toe and tap or do any of the other movements the other girls were doing. Soon they formed a circle. She held Mia's hand with no problem, but physically refused to hold the hand of the little girl on her left. She held it behind her back instead and when she lapsed and let it hang and the little girl grabbed it, Kailin gave her a really dirty look. I grimaced. I'm THRILLED to say, though, that by the end of the hour Kailin was willingly participating and didn't want to leave! It was a remarkable day in so many ways, and I'm so glad that Kailin (and I) can call such wonderful people friends!


No comments:
Post a Comment