Wednesday, October 15, 2008

A fair view...

This was Steve's view this weekend....
This was mine....
A fair difference? I think so. Although I would've loved to have been up in the Porcupine Mountains of Michigan hiking and backpacking with him, having fun with naked kids (boy that could sound baaaaaad) on an unseasonably warm October day was great, too. I did find myself at wit's end on Sunday when the kids were in desperate need of a nap and I took them upstairs to find that the dogs had gotten hold of a poopy diaper and created an enormous streak mark all the way down the hallway ending with a large display of poopy diaper guts on.... MY BED. I pretty much lost it. The dogs were immediately kenneled and I commenced trying to clean up the streak mark. Kailin kept asking what I was doing (to put it mildly - she actually asked about every half a millisecond) and then I turned around to find Colby playing in the fish tank. NOT one of my finer moments, I can assure you. Seeing the joy on Steve's face and in his voice when he came home eager to share his stories made every second worthwhile, though. (and it didn't hurt that he brought me a really cute mug and the kids got a fun moose CD - ha ha ha)

No comments: