Steve took Kailin to Cricket today while Colby and I hit the farmer's market, the General Store, the orchard, and the cheese store. Busy morning, but we were planning an early nap for the kids and then the pumpkin farm after that. Unfortunately, arrival at home revealed that both kids had slept for about 20 mins in the car. That's usually not a good omen for naps in the afternoon.
Such was the case today and after repeated warnings to settle down and go to sleep, we gave up on naps. The consequence, though, was no pumpkin farm. Instead we took a walk at Harrington Beach State Park. It was wonderful! The kids held hands and ran through the leaves! I posted a bunch of pictures on our Shutterfly site if you're interested. I had the long lens on today and the autofocus on it is not working. I knew a bunch of them would turn out blurry, so I just snapped away (and ended up with 126!). The picture below is both priceless and also accidental. I had no idea I even had it until I looked back through them. I don't even remember "seeing it" happen. Anyway, Steve and I decided that it would be appropriately titled, "This is what I thought of my nap today!" Not the most ladylike pose to strike, but it made us laugh (and sigh with relief that she wasn't really making the gesture at all - just getting the hair out of her eyes!). 


1 comment:
Don't you have times when you wish you could get away with an "accidental" hand signal? I know I have those days.
Post a Comment