Well I see now that this picture doesn't give you any idea of the carbuncle (okay, it's not really a carbuncle) on Kailin's left eye. I'll have to get a close up tomorrow for posterity. She's had a sty (I thought) for almost a month now. We finally made an appointment to see a pediatric ophthalmologist. It's a plugged oil gland and it won't go away on it's own. So... Kailin's going to have some very minor surgery to have it drained. We're hoping that they'll work us in next Tuesday, but I'll keep you posted.The good news, though, is that she doesn't need glasses. A neighbor of mine told me that kids who have mono at a young age frequently need glasses. One of the other girls in Kailin's group tested positive for having had mono shortly before she came home. I've always wondered if Kailin had it too and is the one who gave it to me.
The eye test was nothing short of hysterical. Kailin was wowed by riding up in the chair and then by the "spoon" she held over her eye. She was thrilled to point out her letters and did so with enthusiasm. "There is a K! and also a L!!" One row had a D an O and a G. She read them all as O (which is apparently acceptable at her age). "There is an O!... There is ANUDDER O!!!..... AND ANUDDER ONE!!!!" Then she wanted me to tell her all about the headrest and the footrest and what all of the machines did. She dug the weird glasses she wore to test her depth of field. Then Maria ushered us across the hall to wait for the Dr.
No sooner does the Dr. come in and Kailin loudly announces that "my tummy hurts and I NEED TO POOP!!!!!!!" Luckily the Dr is a mom three times over and didn't mind a bit as we trucked off down the hall to the ladies room.Kailin did a great job at the eye doctor and was really cooperative, and she made me proud.
While I was trying to take the carbuncle picture tonight, Colby plopped down next to his sister and I got a shot of both of them smiling. I thought I'd take advantage and post it as proof that they aren't always fighting. ha ha!

2 comments:
I'm dying laughing hear now. I'm not sure you meant it that way, but I'm so happy that you are so proud of Kailin's poop.
Hannah tested positive for mono (not sure if you were refering to her), but I had no idea it could result in glasses. She passed her eye test at her 3 year checkup so I guess we are okay for now.
We will be praying for Kailin's procedure. Please let us know when the details are confirmed.
I mean "here." I need to start reviewing before posting. :)
Post a Comment