Yesterday after the boys went home I told the kids we were headed for the post office. So we went. And then it was time to go home. Kailin asked where we were going and when I told her it was home she said, "No! We have to go to the post office!" I explained that we'd just been to the post office. She said, "No, Mom. We haffa go the poke office. They poke my eye and make it better!" It was SO hard not to laugh. I explained and she wailed "but my eye is hurting!" I assured her that we'd go to the hospital and get it taken care of.
I thought I was going to get up this morning, shower, and then get Kailin up - leaving Steve and Colby to sleep for a bit. No such luck. I had to wake Kailin at 5:45 (she's normally up closer to 5:30) and Colby was already awake. Go figure. So Steve had to get up as well. Kailin asked for her juice and I reminded her that we'd talked about her not being able to have anything to drink. She accepted it like a trooper and reminded ME that I said she could have some juice as soon as we got home. Off we went.
We got checked in and Kailin got into her little gown and grippy slippers. She immediately began asking every possible question about every possible piece of equipment in the room including the bed. Ha. She did ask me if Samuel had a bed like she was on and I told her yes. She is intrigued with Samuel's condition and I think seeing a hospital room brought it into better perspective for her. Anyway, we had to be there at 7am and by the time 9:15 rolled around we'd had visits from the nurse, the anesthesiologist, and Kailin's doctor, had watched several tv shows, and I'd answered about 9 bazillion questions. Kailin was still talking about whether or not the bed would fit in the elevator when they rolled her away. Bless her heart for being so brave!!
She wasn't gone but 25 minutes and I heard her coming back. They carried her up and she was wailing, kicking, flailing and lashing out. They handed her over - but didn't bring her bed back up. So now I'm sitting on the slick vinyl hospital room chair trying to contain her. I kept assuring her that I was there and she would calm down for a half a millisecond and then launch back. I was glad when that part passed and she was just crying that she wanted something to drink and that her eye hurt. They gave her a cup full of apple juice and she drained it and then was much, much calmer. Another cup of apple juice and some Tylenol later and we busted out of that joint.
Her eye looks great! She downed another cup of apple juice on our way home while she watched Nemo. That perked her up. I'm convinced, though, that they gave her a quick dose of speed with that Tylenol because let me tell you - that girl was BOUNCING OFF THE WALLS all afternoon and even right up til bedtime!! That's my girl!
We've now been to the "poke office" and all is well in this house. It's been a LONG day and I'm off to bed!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
I'm so glad everything went okay. I would not have been able to contain my laughter about the poke office. Too cute!!
Glad everything went well!!! At least no dry-heaving!
What a trooper mom you are and the trooper your daughter is!
Post a Comment