Thursday, September 30, 2010

Horton, Peter Sam, and Sebastard

Three guys walk into a bar.... no wait...three kids sitting at my kitchen table.

Today at lunch Kailin started calling Colby "Horton". She said he likes it. He didn't object. Colby started calling Dawson "Peter Sam". He didn't imply that Dawson liked it. Dawson didn't object.

Later today at lunch, Kailin was talking about "The Little Mermaid" and she said that her favorite part was the one where Ariel does "this" (where "this" is a lot of arm waving that I don't recall Ariel actually doing...) and that she didn't like the parts where Ariel has lost her voice. I agreed that I don't like it when she's lost her voice, but told her that my favorite part is where Sebastian is singing to Eric and Ariel and that happens when she doesn't have her voice. She agreed. "The part where Sebastard is singing is pretty good. And then those fish dump the boat over." She continued to use "Sebastard" throughout the day - even though I continued to say it correctly.

I giggled to myself each and every time and then found new and interesting ways to get her to say it. I know - I'm horrible. Then at dinner I tried to get her to say it for Steve and she said she couldn't remember his name. Finally, on the way home from open house at school she did remember and then Steve and I laughed together for a very long time.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hey Sarah...got your comment on my blog...here's my email wearechinabound@gmail.com

Blessings, look forward to hear from you! ~stacy