Monday, September 6, 2010

Toothwatch 2010

I've been remiss in posting updates to Toothwatch 2010. As is typical, the tooth has become looser and looser but had continued to refuse to "loose out".

As of yesterday, the tooth was able to be pushed completely horizontal in either direction and the tiny jagged "roots" were showing. We cajoled Kailin into giving it a good yank, but nothing happened.

We were up at the lake cottage this weekend and ate lunch on the road home today. I made peanut butter and jelly sandwiches as they have been something she's been able to bite without pain and the idea of cutting up any sandwich into tiny pieces for "road eating" with 2 dogs in the back and no good way to clean up the kids after the meal was not desirable. She did complain a bit that biting the sandwich was hurting, so I told her to tear pieces off and left it at that.

When we stopped for a bathroom break, I was loading the kids in the car and thought I caught a glimpse of a gap-toothed smile. Sure enough, the tooth came out sometime during lunch and has been swallowed. I was a little nervous that given the overtired and overemotional state of my darling daughter she would burst into tears and mourn it's loss, but she actually giggled about it and agreed that we'd write the tooth fairy a little note explaining that she ate her tooth. She's hoping the tooth fairy will think it's funny and she assures me that, like Santa Claus, the tooth fairy knows everything and she's already keen to the story. I guess we'll see!

No comments: