I overheard the following conversation the other day while the kids were playing Little People in the living room.
K: "You have that one. And this guy is Jesus. And this is Jesus' truck."
C: "Oh, okay." (that boy will almost always accept anything his sister says and the absolute de facto truth!)
They went on playing for a few minutes when I then heard Kailin scream, "Colby!!! WHAT did you do to Jesus?!" I never did learn what sad fate had befallen the Lord, but I trust that it wasn't a nice one! When I relayed this story to a friend of mine she asked if Jesus was a Ford man or.... I guess I never went in the living room to see which truck was His, so it'll have to stay a mystery.
Later that very same day as I was finishing up our supper, Kailin was puttering around helping me by setting the table. She said, "I'm a puff-head, I'm a puff-head...." over and over. Then she asked, "Mom, do you know what I am?" I postulated, "a puff-head?" "Nope, I'm a pothead!" "Uh....let's not say that one again, okay?" Lovely. My five year old aspires to be a pothead. I suppose that, on the bright side, we know it's something she can achieve. Ha ha.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment