Tuesday, June 24, 2008

He's baaaaaaack!!!

I'm thrilled to say that after a marathon sleeping night on Saturday(with about 4 interruptions) from 5:30pm-9:20am, Colby is FINALLY back to himself! I'm sad to report that I didn't realize that he was still feeling yucky late last week and chalked his ultra-clingy behavior up to a phase and dealt with it accordingly (read - way less sympathetic than it turns out that I ought to have).

With the return to self have come several new skills! He can now climb the stairs upright while holding onto the handrail and he can get up on the couch without any assistance. He is attempting to say dog (daaaa), more (mo! mo!), boom!(boo), and has almost mastered hi and bye. Uh-oh and mama remain his only intelligible-to-all words, but he's coming right along. In other news, he can now find his belly button (and in fact enjoys walking around for a good part of the day with his shirt up and his finger stuck into it...lovely!) and he can find yours, too! (This is humorous when he's busy finding Steve's. Not so humorous when he wants to find mine!) We're working on ears next. He's sillier than ever these days - and it amuses me to see him trying to make me laugh by making funny faces and doing little dances all over the place.


I finally got a couple pictures of the kids both smiling (although Colby's is hidden behind his bink in one). They were having a ball sitting on these little chairs together in our kitchen the other night and then repeated it last night.

No comments: