It was quite cute. I called for "my hungry Gannaways" which is our typical call to dinner. They came a troopin' in and Colby immediately went to the pantry and selected a box of crackers for himself. I asked him to put it back which he dutifully did, but then reselected it immediately and presented it to me. Then he spied the corn cooling on the countertop and all bets were off as he raced to try and grab one of the still steaming cobs! Kailin, meanwhile, said, "COBS!!! I love cobs!!!" (I'm thinking that there ought not to be three commas in that sentence, but I'm not worrying about syntax on a Monday morning - that's for sure!) I convinced them both to wait (one by reasoning and one by forcible removal from the area) until the "cobs" cooled.
We sat down to eat and I again made the mistake of putting the corn (and watermelon) on the table. Colby was asserting that he would prefer to nix his chicken and eat only corn and then maybe some watermelon. Steve asserted otherwise! Finally it was time for corn. I don't know how well this picture will illustrate it, but he actually took a chunk right out of the cob part this time! AND he chewed it up and swallowed it before we could get in there and remove it. I guess he won't be hurting for roughage anytime soon! Needless to say, he enjoyed his corn thoroughly. We actually videotaped part of it to get the sound effect of him tearing into it and also managed to catch Steve saying "Hey, give me back the cob!!" It was pretty funny.

No comments:
Post a Comment