We missed Colby's two year portraits as a result of a botched session at Portrait Innovations, poor scheduling on my part, his surgery, and then additional poor scheduling on my part. Kailin was due for her four year portraits and I was at my last Friday off for the foreseeable future (I started watching two new kids today and they're five day a week kids). On Thursday last week I attempted to schedule a portrait session with our local Sears (as my other choices were much further away and I wanted to be sure to get the kids down at a reasonable time so that we could all see Steve off on his big trip) for Fri
day morning. No go.
NOTHING open. "Okay, I'm alone all week with the kids so I'll grab something for after 4 next week", I thought. Not so much. NOTHING available. They had a 5:15 appointment that day, so I snagged it and then started throwing clothes in the laundry for the kids.Colby's not much of a smiler lately so I wasn't very optimistic about what we'd capt
ure, but figured it's still documenting him as he is right now and went for it anyway. Of course, as children will do anytime they're given the opportunity, he proved me to be a liar. He was so cooperative and at least somewhat smiley. I'll take it. We got some good pictures and I had Kailin put her beloved "Whitey" in some of them and got Colby with the ever present "Kiki". The last time I tried to take their picture together was a disaster and the time before that (last summer) the best we got was one of them sort of near each other and sort of smiling. I'm pleased with the results overall, and will head back to Sears again.
The only thing that displeased me greatly is that they've finally discovered that the CD they used to sell you for $19.99 is worth a lot more than that and it now starts at $130 and comes down in price according to how many portraits you buy. It's still worth it in the end, but good grief that was some sticker shock!!
The formatting here kind of stinks, but I'm done with trying to fix it!!

1 comment:
Great pictures!!!
Post a Comment