I'd invited my mom up for the day on Sunday (long before the catastrophic events of Saturday) and I was glad. I don't ever get to spend as much time with her as I'd like and this was a good opportunity to share the day with her. We played with the kids and then had lunch. While the kids napped, Mom and I watched "New in Town" with Renae Zelweger and Harry Connick, Jr. It was good and it gave me a hankering for some tapioca. When the kids got up we were planning to head outside for a bit, but Mother Nature had other plans. It rained cats and dogs for a good long while and my garden was glad for it! Mom offered to take us out for dinner so we packed off for Culver's and the kids enjoyed it. It was clear to me that we rarely take them out when Kailin said, in disbelief, "and we're going to eat HERE?" Sad, but true!
I needed a few things at the grocery store so we stopped there on the way home and my Saint of a mom loaded the kids into a truck cart and drove them around while I shopped in peace*. (*peace being relative as I was still able to HEAR my kids half way across the store....sometimes with happy noises and other times....well.....use your imagination). Home and kids in bed. Another day down and I'm still alive. I daresay it was a good day!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment