Sunday, April 12, 2009

Egg! More Egg!!! Open!!!!!!

Okay, it's a little late.... I was waiting until the pictures were on this computer, and then the week just got away from me.

It was surely an Easter to remember. We all began the day (and all unwillingly so) at 3am. Colby awoke screaming (I think he'd been laying on his stomach and right now that is not a good option). By the time I got him changed and settled he'd woken Kailin. She immediately began interrogating me regarding whether we were going to church or Nai Nai's church and if we went to Nai Nai's church would Nai Nai be there or would she be at our church and were we going to Nai Nai's house after church and would the Easter bunny be there.... so I told her we could discuss it all in the morning, it was the middle of the night and she should go back to sleep. If only.... the kids stayed awake and busied themselves bickering over which color stars they should have (their turtle night light offers 3 options) until Steve went in and turned it off entirely which elicited MANY cries of protest. Then Colby was entirely convinced that he had lost Kiki or Froggy (which he pronounces "FRO-Gee") when in fact upon closer inspection he had one clenched in each little fist. Then he banged on the wall (directly behind my head) for awhile. Then I think I did actually doze for about 15 minutes and then my alarm went off at 5:30 and it was time to get up. I showered and went to get the kids up so they could see their Easter baskets. Lo and behold, Colby was asleep. I decided to let him sleep (as much as the mean mom in me wanted to wake his sorry butt up) awhile longer.


Kailin loved her Easter baskets (one from the big bunny and one from Steve's parents), and the pinwheel was her favorite. I hustled her through breakfast and took her back upstairs to spray her off in the shower. Colby woke up and was not any too happy about it. I got him dressed and sent him downstairs with Steve. I could hear the call of "TIH-TAC!!!!!!!!" from downstairs signalling that he'd gotten into his Easter baskets as well. I had Steve grab some shots while we girls finishing dolling ourselves up.

We attended church at my "home church" in Waukesha. It was so nice to go back and sing the same songs I sang every Easter for the first 20 or so years of my life - and hear the trumpets blast as we shouted good tidings of "He is risen!" The kids behaved pretty well in church and then it was off to Nai Nai's.


The kids had an absolute blast hunting for Easter eggs in the yard. Colby took to it right away and although I told Kailin to make sure to leave some for her brother, I guess I need not have. Not only did he keep up (unless one broke open - then we had a chorus of "boking!! Egg boking!!!" followed by a harried effort to rescue the contents from the grass), but Kailin repeatedly picked up an egg and then ran it over to her brother. Considering the lack of rest we had, it was nothing short of a MIRACLE that we had no fights of any kind during the event and I absolutely reveled in hearing Kailin delightedly shout "Another egg! I see more!" and Colby's sweet little voice plaintively calling, "Egg!!! More Egg!!! Open!!!!" I could just have scooped both of them up and smooshed them.


We had a wonderful Easter dinner followed by naps for the kids (wish there'd been some for the adults!), some more play time, and then we headed home. Everyone had far too much sugar - but if not on Easter, then what better day is there?


I'm so blessed to have a Savior whose death and resurrection made this wonderful day possible - and blessed to have such a wonderful family to have shared it with.

No comments: