Thursday, April 30, 2009

No wet meat!

Colby can't say pants. I'm not sure why. I'm not even sure (truthfully) if I've blogged about it before. Anyway, pez he can say, pizza he can say (although it used to be beeba), but pants and please elude him still. Please comes out "meeeeeee" and pants....well....pants come out "meat". Every time. Meat.

I got him out of bed on Saturday morning and asked if he'd wet through. He looked right at me, shook his head, and declared. "No...wet....meat!!!" He was so serious that I had to stifle my laugh. Then I secretly reported to Steve and we laughed in the corner over it!

The day before yesterday he put a new spin on it. He declared "poopy meat" several times throughout the day. I am glad he's now letting me know that he needs a change (because it both signifies the beginning of a desire (I hope) to potty train and also because he's starting to string more words together), the thought of poopy meat made me envision a breaking news story about some kind of e. coli outbreak within the confines of my house or something. Anyway, I laughed in the corner again.

The last Colby story for the day is that I put him on the phone with my mom the other night. I laughed out loud when I heard that his whole end of the conversation was going to be "yup. yup. yup. yup. yup. yup. yuv you, BYE!" What a silly little goose.

Gotta just love him.

No comments: