Monday, March 30, 2009

One year ago....


One year ago in this very moment (if you factor in the time change), I was headed downstairs to meet our agency's liaison to head to Chung Yi to pick up Colby. My stomach was turning and I was nervous as heck. I didn't know what the rest of the day would bring - nevermind thinking about the next whole year!! Tonight, I sit here without my stomach turning and in fact feeling warm and content (I was cold as heck last year at this time because we didn't take any warm clothes and it was cold and rainy for days on end!). I just peeked in on a beautiful sleeping boy, and decided to sit down and count my blessings. I'm so grateful that God led us down the path of adoption and that He led us to Taiwan and to accept Colby's referral. I'm so grateful for my happy, jolly, joyful little boy - sassy mouth and bad attitude (as of late) and all. He's tender and gentle and caring. He is loving and funny and silly and playful. He's all that I could ever want or hope for in a child and I love him more than he will ever know. I can't believe it's been a year - it seems like a heartbeat and then again I feel like he's always been here. We are having Chinese Feast tomorrow to celebrate our family - and I'm sure that Captain Noodle and Dumpling Girl will make their appearances. How very very blessed I am!

1 comment:

Traveling Mercies said...

how wonderful sarah! what an amazing memory, and so many more to come. my cousins adopted a daughter from china and i have never forgotten the letter they sent describing the experience of going there and seeing her for the first time. it still brings tears to my eyes!

colby is so precious and i'm so glad he's a part of your family and our family at grace!