Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Big time family outing

Last Friday was supposed to be an unusually warm day for early Wisconsin in March. I planned a trip to the zoo with our friends the Klopfs. Steve got wind of it and said he'd like to join us. Neither of us has had any vacation to speak of since the year before we brought Kailin home because we were either saving vacation for an adoption trip or taking one. It seemed utterly frivolous and fun that Steve could decide on a Tuesday that he'd take Friday off and come to the zoo!

We had a blast! The weather was indeed warm and the kids, after a bit of a rough start, frolicked and played and checked out the animals. We had a picnic lunch and then Colby eventually conked out for awhile. He looked so stinking cute in his stroller with his little monkey hat on that I couldn't resist taking about 10 pictures in his various positions. I won't make you view all 10 - at least not here - they're posted at our Shutterfly site. ha ha ha. Our friends had to leave, but we decided to stay on and tempt fate. I am so glad we did! The kids got a second wind and the zoo started to empty out. We finished the day up on the playground and both kids were in their glory. This is the kind of family day I long for and it was the perfect day to do it!

No comments: