Colby is still increasing his vocabulary mostly using the parrot method - repeat back anything anyone says to you. Expect your parents to repeat back anything you say to them. Sometimes it makes me laugh- and sometimes it makes Colby frustrated (mostly when we don't understand what he's saying).
Anyway, the real reason for this post is what happened last Thursday night. I was putting the kids to bed. Both of them are INSANELY ticklish right before bed. I didn't need to tickle Colby, though - he made some noises and I thought I'd parrot them back. He erupted in peals of laughter! PEALS!! More noises - more repeating - more peals. Then he put his hands on my neck. I tried to put my hands on his (uber)ticklish neck. He laughed so hard he snorted! We carried on for quite awhile before I decided we'd better settle down or he'd never go to sleep. I know I haven't done it justice here - words just couldn't, but I wanted to remember this little mommy moment. It was one of those really simple, silly things that shouldn't have been any big deal, but I'll remember it for a long long while to come.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment