Colby's eye was swollen on Friday, but not draining or bothering him. Swollen a little more on Saturday, but it was the weekend and he could move the eyeball just fine (which is what our dr. told me to check for when Kailin has had a swollen eyelid) and it wasn't draining or anything, so I let it go one more day to see. Well, Sunday dawned and it was clear that something needed to be done. It was draining and now he was saying "Eye. Owwww." very pathetically and very often. I called the on call Dr. who was a little concerned that it might be an abscess, so while Steve took Kailin to Sunday school, I took Colby to urgent care. The Dr. took one look and said that it was pink eye. Thankfully (we've never had it before so I didn't know) it's easily treated - and in fact, one drop later and there was remarkable improvement. Sadly, our plans for the day were canceled, but I was very thankful that it wasn't something less contagious but more serious!!!
In other daily news, he weighs 33lbs now and is 34" tall. He's loving his Christmas "choo choo!!!!"s and is struggling with screeching every time someone does something he doesn't like (and sometimes when HE does something he doesn't like). He sometimes sasses me just so he can immediate say "saw-ye" and give me a hug and a smile. I know there were a couple other phrases I wanted to highlight, but they are escaping me. He turns 2 in a little less than 3 weeks and I can only begin to imagine what the next months will bring for us!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment