We thanksgivinged (yep, I'm sure that's a real word) over two days this year. On the actual day with Steve's side and yesterday with mine. Drawing it out had several effects on me - one is that I was actually able to move at the end of Thursday after having eaten just one large meal instead of two. Secondly, it gave me and my sister the opportunity to repay our mom for 30+ years of fixing the Thanksgiving meal by preparing it ourselves. Lastly, it gave me two days to reflect on what I'm truly thankful for.
So I'll bore everyone now with a list of my big ones....
I am thankful for and to my God first and foremost. That I have a loving, gentle God who has a plan for me and for my family. That I can trust in Him always and lay my burdens at His feet. It is through Him that all my other blessings are possible. I try my best to remember that every single day.
I am thankful for my wonderful husband -my partner in life and my friend. I could not dream of a better dad for my kids or a better companion with whom to spend the rest of my life.
I am thankful for my beautiful children. Without them, my life would not be what it is. They have changed me in more ways than I ever could have imagined. I did not know love until I held them in my arms. They are the joy in my heart and the light in my eyes (most days anyway...ha ha).
I am thankful for my family. For two wonderful families who have become my family. One I was born into and the other I married into and I love them both. Very much.
I am thankful for the fact that my husband has a job and that we have a roof over our heads, a home filled with love, two (mostly) wonderful dogs, and a life filled with the warmth of friends and community.
Lastly, I'm thankful for the fact that the turkey turned out yesterday and that we got almost everything on the table at the temperature it was meant to be served.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment