Kailin has, in my opinion, an amazing memory.
Last week we were playing with Mega Bloks and she said, "Mom, member when Colby got these? It was when he was Baftized." She's right. They are his and he did get them as a Baptism gift. That was only 6 mos ago, so it's not really really remarkable, but I still think it's pretty impressive.
The next day we were getting ready to take the dog for a walk and Steve was looking for mittens for Kailin. The ones he grabbed were ones she got last year but hardly ever wore because they are thick and not conducive to movement. She took one look and said, "Daddy! That's the one I lost at the farm! You had to go back, get it." She did lose it at the farm - the CHRISTMAS TREE FARM. Last year. And he did have to go back and get it.
The things she remembers amaze me and the things that catch her eye or make an impression often times make me think twice about how I handle myself around her. I'm SURE that the day will come when she'll remember something out loud that I hoped she'd forgotten. But for now, I'm going to continue to be impressed with her memory skills and I wanted to write it down before I forget - hers may be sharp as a knife, but mine are lacking these past few years.... ha ha ha.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment