Monday, December 7, 2009

Blessed

There is a great community here where we live, and some of it is presently shoveling my driveway. It's a wonderful sight - two of my good friends, and as I type this I can see another on her way over - and their kids - all out with shovels clearing my driveway. I HATE that I can't do it myself, and it was difficult for me to ask a friend for the help, but in humbling myself to ask, I am rewarded by being filled up and reveling in seeing how one good deed has snowballed (forgive the bad pun if you will) into six or eight (the kids aren't much help -speaking for my daughter at least, who is out there "shoveling" the snow directly back onto already shoveled areas). Bless my friend's ten year old son who was actively excited to shovel for us and his mother for raising him to love to serve. She is out there with him along with her 5 year old, my 4 year old, my neighbor and her 6 year old (and 2 year old), and another neighbor and her 4 year old. They all have shovels and are working as a team, old fashioned community style to clear our driveway. This is just one shining example of how we have been blessed in these months with gifts too countless to number. Kailin needed some dry mittens just now and I poked my head out the door to holler another "thank you" and my friend said, "You must be a wonderful woman - look at all these people who came out to help." She's shoveling my driveway and I'm the wonderful one? I'm so incredibly blessed to have such a wonderful circle of friends and family always, but particularly in times like these. What better gift in life could I ask for?

1 comment:

Carrie said...

How wonderful!! Now...what are they shovelling? :)