Kailin has finally learned to whistle! She's getting pretty good and has gone from being only just barely audible last weekend to whistling a little (recognizable) tune now! I'm so proud of her. She's been working diligently (and patiently, I might add) for SO long. I just got her yearbook back today (I'd sent it to school with a note asking her teacher and the aide to write down their favorite memories of her) and Mrs. Ferber said that the day that Kailin nearly leapt off the bus with a huge smile on her face ready to show her that she could finally whistle was her favorite day all year.
Today was Kailin's last day of 4k. I can hardly believe that a year has gone by (well, 9 months) since she first boarded that bus with a smile on her face. I'm thrilled to say that she got on the bus that very same way today - not excited that it was the last day of school, but excited that she got to go to school. I am forever indebted to Mrs. Hokanson and Mrs. Ferber for all that they did to give her a fantastic base to build on. She's already excited about 5k next year even though we have yet to find any of her classmates (she'll be in half day 5k whereas most of the kids will be full day). When I told her that I didn't think any of her close friends would be in her class next year, she surprised me by saying "That's okay, Mom, I'll just make some new ones!" without any hesitation or dismay in her voice.
That little girl of mine sure has grown up these past months. I'm extremely proud of her and of who she is becoming. I love her beyond a shadow of a doubt and more than I could ever hope to express in words.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment