Sunday, January 17, 2010

...cut it off....

Colby's sick. I'm a little bit happy to say that. I know, sounds strange. We had an "incident" on Friday where he decided to play around instead of gathering his beloved kiki for nap. I told him he had one last chance to get it or he would be sleeping without it. Well my stubborn little ox held his ground and his stubborn mama did the same. He went to bed without the kiki. Note I didn't mention that he went to sleep. It was a LONG while and a LOT of screaming before he finally went to sleep.

Fast forward to 11:30 Friday night. A very hoarse voice is screaming for mama from the room next door. I went in (without my glasses) expecting to grab a bink or find the kiki and get back to bed. I was thinking to myself that I felt bad that something I did caused him to be so hoarse. As soon as I got in the room and he started barking at me, I knew I was in the clear. Then I picked him up and figured out that he had a fever. He and I spent an hour rocking in the rocking chair, him coughing uncontrollably from time to time and shaking like a leaf from the chills. Poor boy! At one point, I had a little "throat clear" cough and my dear, sweet, tender boy croaked out "you okay, mommy?" It is in moments like those that I am humbled by how blessed I am to have this boy in my life. They are also nice to stash away for times that aren't so sweet or tender - and they number many these days...

On Saturday night we had pasta which is one of Colby's favorites. However, midway through dinner he started whining and fussing. I asked him what was wrong and got a chorus of "my fing-er huwting!" I said, "What do you want me to do about it?" expecting a request for a kiss or maybe a bandaid. Instead came a pause and then a very froggy sounding "...cut it off...." We all burst out laughing! Upon further inspection, he had a hangnail and wanted me to clip it with the clippers. That boy....

I couldn't resist posting this picture of him posing as a rock star (maybe rapper) with the other Wonder Twin. They keep me on my toes, but they are beyond adorable to make up for it!

1 comment:

Carrie said...

Aaahhhh!!! That's one sweet boy you have there, Sarah!