Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Christmas morning crying...

Bet "The Twelfth Day of Christmas" looked like my last post about Christmas this year, didn't it? Not so much. This should be the last one, though. I was capturing video of the kids singing Christmas carols the other night (long after Christmas as grabbing the camera was somehow out of reach on my big list of things to do before Christmas) and it made me remember that I wanted to blog about the Christmas gift Kailin made me at school.

I was expecting some sort of popsicle stick treasure similar to the Christmas tree ornaments I had all of the kids craft with sequins and painted popsicle sticks this year. What I got as I carefully loosened the tape on the hand stamped wrapping paper was an emotional (and tearful) reminder of just how quickly my little girl is growing up. It's something I will treasure for a long, long time to come, but I wanted to blog it here in the case, as oftentimes happens in our house, an awful fate befalls this little piece of art.

No comments: