Sunday, May 17, 2009

Three wonderful years

I feel like a bad mom for not posting this on Friday when I intended to. It's been a busy weekend of landscaping with the kids at Steve's parents' house (I planned it without thinking about what Friday was).

Friday marked 3 years since I first held my wonderful, beautiful daughter in my arms. She is everything I ever imagined her to be and then some. She is vivacious and tenacious, and she wears her heart on her sleeve just like her mom. She is funny and sassy. I adore the shape her eyes make when she smiles, and the way that they light up and glisten. She is such a blessing in my life, and even when she's busy making me nuts and asking her five thousandth question of the day or writing "HA" on the ottoman or "X" on the couch, I am going to strive to remember what a blessing she truly is and how privileged I am to be her Mom.

As I watched her stuff another dumpling into her mouth with a giant smile on her face tonight, I laughed and thought of all the ways she's changed through these three years. She's gone from a baby who couldn't even sit up in those first days to a little girl who lets nothing stand in her way of living life to it's fullest. So happy anniversary, my beautiful baby girl, you have changed and blessed my life in more ways than I ever dreamed!

1 comment:

Carrie said...

You write so beautifully! You are a great mom.