Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Feeling helpless (and antsy) again

Well a new day has dawned. I was hoping beyond hope that we'd miraculously find travel confirmation in our inbox this morning. Unrealistic, but a girl can hope. I am back to feeling a little helpless as I don't feel I can contact travel agents just yet and I think I've exhausted my search options (or least I'm exhausted from searching) for airfare on my own. I'm torn about hotel choice as well. There is one our agency uses frequently that we've considered, one listed on our agency's forum as "recommended" that looks very nice and is reasonably priced - but has no email reservation inquiry and I'm too chicken to call, and one in Taipei that looks fantastic, but is nearly double the price of the others. I think we'll probably rule Taipei out, but as to which of the other two we'll use, the jury is out. I remember this feeling from when we were waiting to travel for Kailin and it's one of feeling like it's much too early to do most things followed by one of panic that there is so much to do and relatively little time to do it in. I need to make a list and then check things off one by one. Maybe that will be today's task.

1 comment:

Sarah k said...

Hey Sarah, it's Sarah K. I would go with Ceasar Park if you want great location and luxury. It is wonderful and right across from MRT and 5 min from Chiang Kai Shek memorial. The rooms were a great size and next door to a mall and also department store. I did go to Tian Mu, even though we didn't stay there and it seemed to be a little quieter area however. We did have problems with all the ATMs in Tian Mu. BUT if you wish to see Taipei it is about a half hour to 45 min ride to Tian Mu and will be that way to get to AIT. So consider all the extra taxi time too! Congratulations and Love the site! Can't wait to see you with colby!!!