I realized as I was working on our 2009 scrapbook this week that I didn't blog nearly enough last year. I was trying to remember what Kailin called her walkie talkies right after she got them and I got nothing. I thought I remembered blogging about it and....nope. So I am blogging about this before it, too, is gone from my memory.
Colby's big into singing (and also into figure skating, we learned while watching the Olympics - he wanted to re-create every one of the dances and was particularly enamored with head movements.). These days and his favorites include a variety of songs. "Liang zhi lao hu" (a Chinese song about two tigers) - it should sound like lee-ung gee llll-ow who, but it comes out "young gee wow who, young gee wow who, pow da kwhy (that part's right), pow da kwhy, then he skips the middle section and ends with jen she qwhy (also correct). It's a stitch to hear. He loves "Old McDonald" because he thinks it's a song about visiting Mac and Don's supper club. My all time favorite right now, though, is "Ring Around the Rosey". He still struggles with his L and R sounds, so the song (in his sweet little voice) is "Wing ayound da Yosey..." and that's the only part he knows, so he just sings it over and over. I love that little booger!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment