Saturday, June 13, 2009

Hi, Morny!

Colby's still making us giggle on a regular basis with his 2 year old outlook on the world. I love nothing more than to be greeted by the endearing phrase, "Hi, Morny!" when I go in to get him from his crib. I really wish I could let you hear it because he says it in a very particular way. It's not "HIGH Morny!" in an Irish and sort of descriptive way. It's almost as if he's talking to the morning instead of me - "Hi, morny - nice to meet you!" would be a better way to think of it. Of course in typical mom fashion I've ruined it all up for myself by making him say it 900 times a day in an effort to share his cuteness with others. You'd think I'd have learned my lesson with "meats" but I guess not and now it is much rarer to hear him say it as the greeting of the day.

Meats have evolved a bit (and no, this is not a culinary post). He's (somewhat sadly from my point of view) now able to say pants, but apparently "pants" is just to plain for him. Instead, he's determined that any item of clothing applied below the waist (other than socks or his diaper) are "pants on". However, it doesn't just apply to putting the pants on. For instance, if you were taking them off then you'd have "pants on off". It's really more of a one word thing - "pantson off". Only logical, right?

Colby is his sister's shadow these days - and I mean that to the fullest extent of the word. Tuesday they were both sitting on the porch for disobeying us repeatedly. Steve and I were about 6 feet away spreading the last of the mulch into our established flower bed. Kailin (in her infinite repertoire of inventive ways to try to outwit us) got up to come over and ask if they could get up yet (because obviously walking over would lead us to believe that "oh heck, she's up already anyway, sure, go ahead and get up"). I told her now and she returned to her seat. Having heard the answer, but being unable to overcome his need to do what she does, up popped Colby to ask the very same question. What made it cute is that he already knew the answer, so immediately after the question left his lips, he did an about face and went back and sat down. Steve and I couldn't stop laughing and we let them up and off they went.

It seems that the two of them are either at each other's throats lately or being so sweet to each other that I can hardly stand it. Either way I love seeing their relationship blossom as they are able to do more things together.

2 comments:

Sharada & Richard Kettle said...

What great pics!!!

Carrie said...

Those are great photos! Too cute!